I’m the first to admit that I’ve never taken it easy on Apple. As I’d mentioned in a previous post about the iPad, I haven’t had iTunes in quite some time (and wasn’t too thrilled about having to re-download it.) Back story — there was some bad mojo with iTunes upgrades randomly deleting my music library (this was back before it took 5 minutes to back up your entire hard drive.) I also don’t like that Apple could really care less what their followers want in a product. In any case, and after my Zune officially bit the dust, I have gone back to iTunes. This past weekend I took some time to sync all of my CD’s (that haven’t been scratched to hell) with my iTunes account and, as of today *gulp*, I have made my first “real” song purchases. I use the word “real” because I actually did purchase the soundtrack to Disney’s Tangled for my 4-year-old last month (but that doesn’t really count, right??)

Anyway, being that I didn’t have an extra $1000+ laying around to get back most of my audio library I had to narrow down my choices to songs that I wouldn’t mind listening to again and again (and again). I thought this was a pretty big deal and wanted to document my first purchases with a post (and give me a place to watch their music videos/live performances). So, here’s my first five iTunes song purchases in the past 8 years (in video form):

YouTube Preview Image

Tighten UpThe Black Keys

YouTube Preview Image

Call It OffTegan and Sara

YouTube Preview Image

Gold Guns GirlsMetric

YouTube Preview Image

Glass CeilingMetric

YouTube Preview Image

Too Little Too LateMetric

What I learned from my experience with iTunes (thusfar):

a.) iTunes for non-Mac computers is much easier to use than it used to be.
b.) I wish they had a monthly unlimited download pass.
c.) I must give credit to Pandora radio for introducing me to these awesome songs (via Paper Planes radio.)
d.) I must see Metric in concert!

1 Comment so far

1. Tweets that mention iTunes — a love-hate relationship : Random Interweb Findings -- Topsy.com on January 31, 2011 12:02 am

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by CUNYAcademicCommons, CUNYAcademicCommons and CUNYAcademicCommons, Sarah Messer-Morgano. Sarah Messer-Morgano said: iTunes — a love-hate relationship http://tinyurl.com/6862e84 […]

Name (required)

Email (required)

Speak your mind

Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message